Virtual PBX extensions are part of a virtual phone system. Using this technology, you can route calls easily to any phone in any location! Imagine the convenience this can bring you if you’re a busy businessman who’s always on the move!
How Do Virtual PBX Extensions Work?
The system creates virtual—rather than physical—extension numbers that can then be registered to people as they wish. The system allows calls to be routed to any phone without having to worry about extra hardware or complicated physical construction of routing lines. Each extension can be set up to forward to that department or employee’s landline of mobile number.
How are Virtual PBX Extensions Useful?
You can route calls easily, which means you can have virtual extensions for your employees that they can set up with a forwarding number that is the most convenient for them to access. Here’s an example of how you can route calls easily with Virtual PBX extensions:
1. John Smith is a traveling salesman for The Johnson Widgets Company. Because of his job, he is often on the move, relying on his mobile phone to stay in touch with people back home.
2. Mary Jones is a tech support specialist with The Johnson Widgets Company. She typically works from home but does not want to give out her home phone number for privacy reasons.
3. When clients call The Johnson Widgets Company, they may want to reach Mr. Smith in sales at extension 101 or Ms. Jones in tech support at extension 102.
4. Mr. Smith can have his extension automatically route to his cell phone. So, when Mr. Smith is a thousand miles away from the company’s building and receives a call, his cell phone serves as his extension, and clients who want to speak with him can get in touch with him.
5. Ms. Jones can have her extension automatically route to her home phone. She gets the calls she needs to help her customers and her home number remains private.
Call Transfer – An Added Benefit
Remember those tech support calls Ms. Jones is handling? What happens if something is truly beyond repair and the customer needs to purchase a replacement?
The customer does not need to call back in to reach Mr. Smith. Instead, Ms. Jones can conveniently place the customer on hold and transfer the call right to Mr. Smith’s extension!