If you’re someone who spends more time on your computer than you do on your cell phone (which is a lot of you, actually), then you will be able to see the advantages in having your toll free voicemail messages emailed to you. If you get your messages emailed to you, then you will be able to simply open your email to find your messages. Here’s how traditional voicemail works.
- On your cell phone, you have a voicemail phone number you have to call in order to reach your messages.
- On your home answering machine, you have a physical box that stores your messages so that you can listen to them when you arrive at home. However, your voicemail box at home can fill up, preventing more people from leaving messages.
With each of those methods, you either have to consistently clear your voicemail, call using your cell phone, or otherwise go through a process to reach your messages. However, if you use a virtual phone system with the ability to email your messages, you’ll be much happier. The benefits of having your virtual phone system messages emailed to you include:
- Unlimited, instant access to your messages at your computer (or on your smart phone). If someone leaves you a voicemail that is sent to your email, you can immediately access it. You can view the caller ID, click to listen to the message right from the email and if you turned on the transcription service, you can READ your message!
- An easier process of access. Rather than calling your voicemail box or manually sorting through voicemail at home, you can simply open up the audio file in your email and listen to your message (or READ it).
- One location for all of your messages. If you have all calls come through your virtual phone system, all voicemail and notifications will be stored in one place.
It is becoming a necessary process in this day and age, and, as we spend more time dealing with our email, we need to make sure we have everything sent to it.